Are you feeling tired and upset because your email marketing doesn’t work? Which solutions to implement if customers are not engaged with online store’s news? Now we’ll try to figure out what exactly makes email marketing service awesome. Let’s get vital theoretical knowledge about the service that we have been appreciating for about 22 years!
What does it mean?
To start with, email marketing is a mainly automated method of providing targeted and useful data to online store’s clients. Besides, as McKinsey & Company experts state, in nearly 40 times this service performs significantly better in comparisons with Facebook and Twitter. Also, there is a pleasant advantage: this method doesn’t need large financial investments.
What is the target?
- sales and conversion increasing;
- consumers returning;
- developing a loyal audience;
- informing users about current events and company news;
- establishing trust relationships with subscribers;
- providing feedback from buyers.
Why do so many strategies fail?
Specialists highlight the most widespread mistakes related to email marketing service. There is a spoiler: the study, conducted by YourStory specialists, shows that about 70% of users can’t stand irritating letters from online stores. So, keep in mind the next points:
- most mailings are created with the goal of selling something or annoyingly recalling the brand;
- 80% of email-lists are similar. There is nothing original and creative about them;
- no personalization provided, which reduces the likelihood of a message getting opened;
- a target is not determined;
- no clear plan;
- subscribers get too many letters or, on the contrary, none of them;
- no call-to-action.
How to make it work on you?
1. Come up with a captivating theme
Kindling customer’s interest with overused phrases is complicated. Be creative in your email marketing strategy: think up something unique, bold, or maybe risky. Better make it short and avoid spam words. Make a user open the letter immediately after jumping around the subject line.
Of course, the theme should match the content inside. If you don’t justify the subscriber’s expectations, then they will know that a captivating topic means nothing. They won’t read your letters anymore.
2. Use psychological hacks
Quite often, merchants practice psychological tips & tricks in email marketing service to make a user purchase goods. You must have seen just messages appearing in your inbox. If you want to try such methods, try one of the following:
- Fear of missing the moment. Add time limitation or create an artificial shortage of goods.
- Problems & solutions. Highlight the issues and suggest its fixing.
- Personalization. Believe us, a name in a letter makes its owner feel special because people value personal attention.
- Emoji. Readers prefer such messages because they strike the eye.
- Intrigue. Interest readers with a question or unfinished thought.
- Humor. It relaxes readers who accept information more loyal.
4. No overloading
When email-marketers try to collect news in one letter, nothing works. So, never suggest reading a blog, continuing shopping, and leaving feedback in one message. Having read it, a subscriber might get tired and disoriented to perform any actions.
5. Only responsive email design
Users might browse the inbox using their smartphones anywhere they are. Therefore, be sure that your message can be read from any device.
6. Be responsible
Before providing email marketing service, read and analyze the company’s letter. Also, do a test send to your mail. Even after one careless letter, the brand’s reputation is tough to recover.
7. When to send marketing emails
The most suitable days for emailing is Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. It is the middle of the week when the hard Monday seems to be far away. But one should be cautious with Tuesday and Thursday, when, according to statistics, people get the majority of emails.
Speaking about timing, 7-10 p.m. is the best period for online purchasing. Approximately at this time, customers tend to make purchases after reading the sales letter. Also, as a rule, people are in a mood to answer letters.
Although some sellers state that email marketing strategies are worthless nowadays, others increase sales and get purchasers using this method. So, do not underestimate its power as it might save your business once. Stay responsible and consciously when it comes to informing your consumers in a quality and effective way.